3R2727-27B Cases 27"x27"x27" in SKB Cases
These Mil-Standard cases were designed to meet the most demanding military specifications. They are roto-molded for strength and durability, airtight and water proof with solid stainless steel latches and hinges that will withstand the most demanding shipping conditions.
The 3R Mil-Std. Cases are molded of ( LLDPE ) polyethylene impact resistant / UV stabilized material and meet or exceed MIL – STD 810 and MIL -C-4150J specifications.
The shipping cases are all available with an empty interior while some models are available with: cubed foam, layered foam, padded dividers, and a pull handle with wheels. Most models without a built-in pull handle or tow handle accommodate a field installable caster kit which is sold separately. (See the accessories tab below for the 3SKB-CAST1 caster kit.)
Select models are available with TSA recognized and accepted locking latches in place of stainless steel padlockable latches.
- Waterproof and dust tight design ( MIL -C-4150J)
- LLDPE Polyethylene impact resistant
- UV, solvents, corrosion, fungus resistant ( MIL – STD -810F)
- Pressure relief / breather valves
- Resistant to impact damage ( MIL – STD -810F)
- Sheets of 1.4 pound density, 2" ether like ester ( ELE ) foam.
LLDPE / LMDE :
*Linear Low Density Polyethylene / Linear Medium Density Polyethylene plastic that is used in roto molding.
- Process of forming powdered plastic in a large oven in aluminum molds that rotate on two axis to evenly melt and distribute the plastic giving an even density and strong corners.
- ATA RatedATA (Air Transport Association) specification 300, category 1 is the highest standard for an airline transport container (a minimum of 100 common carrier trips). Category II has a minimum of 10 trips by air.