How to care for your flame resistant clothing.
Simple truth is that Benchmark garments are rugged. Just treat them like a pair of your favorite jeans.
We’re here to help you be more safe and more protected, not to make you wear FR clothes that feel like cardboard or you have to worry about. We believe in Benchmark because they live up to this with their choice to only create exceptional apparel that nobody else is doing.
That said, improper care for Benchmark FR garments can decrease and possibly negate the flame resistance characteristics.
MACHINE WASH WARM (60°C or 140°F) WITH LIKE COLORS.
SOFT POWDER OR LIQUID DETERGENT ONLY.
DO NOT USE STARCH OR LYE BASED SOAPS.
DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BLEACH.
INDUSTRIAL OR HOME LAUNDERING OK.
TUMBLE DRY LOW, REMOVE PROMPTLY.
USE LOW IRON, DO NOT STEAM.
DRY CLEAN SAFE.
To maintain the protective qualities of Benchmark FR clothing, please follow our simple laundering instructions.
Use soft powder or liquid detergent only. Do not use soap or lye based products (store bought detergent is not typically soap or lye based). Tumble dry low, remove promptly and avoid overdrying. Iron with low heat. Avoid open steam. Garments are dry cleanable and safe for industrial laundering. For optimum performance, wash your Benchmark FR garments at least once every six months regardless of use.
Once a garment has been soiled or contaminated with flammable material, discard and replace immediately. Find complete care instructions inside every Benchmark FR garment.
You might also be interested in:
- Instructions on how to fit for Benchmark FR clothing
- CoTradeCo resource category: Fire and flame resistant/retardant resources
- Glossary of critical terms, abbreviations, ratings & regulations
- Ratings, types, classes, regulations, and standards overview
- ANSI Class III
- Bibs & Aprons
- Brooms & mops
- Cigarette (Butt) Receptacles
- Cleaners & Liquids
- Custom Kits & Kitting
- Dividers & Lid Organizers
- Emergency and Disaster
- Eyewear accessories
- FR Caps and Hats
- FR Clothing & Products
- Flexible Cases
- G10 Latex Gloves
- G40 Coated Gloves
- G50 Mechanics Gloves
- G60 Nitrile Coated Gloves
- G80 Chemical Resistant Gloves
- H60 Ear Muffs
- H70 Earmuffs
- HRC 1
- HRC 2
- HRC 3
- Hard Hats, Safety Caps & Misc. Hats
- Head & Face Protection
- Hunting, Fishing, Sports
- Industrial fans & ventilation
- Insect bite treatment & repellents
- Medical kits
- Misc hardware & utilities
- Mobile field office cases
- Personal Care & medical products
- Polarized Lens
- Protective Apparel & Workplace Safety
- Protective: Visibility
- Safety Vests
- Skin Care
- Skin Protection
- Specialty Kits
- Specialty; Identifying
- Spill containment and Stormwater Management
- Steel drums
- Survival lighters & fire starters
- Survival shelter & protection
- Traffic Cones and Accessories
- Traffic Cones, Channelizers, Drums
- V70 Goggles/Safety Glasses
- V80 Goggles/Safety Glasses
- V90 Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Vehicle First Aid Kits
- Women & children
- Women's Gloves
- Women's outerwear
- Women's overalls, coveralls, and bibs
- Women's pants
- Women's shirts