How to care for your flame resistant clothing.
Simple truth is that Benchmark garments are rugged. Just treat them like a pair of your favorite jeans.
We’re here to help you be more safe and more protected, not to make you wear FR clothes that feel like cardboard or you have to worry about. We believe in Benchmark because they live up to this with their choice to only create exceptional apparel that nobody else is doing.
That said, improper care for Benchmark FR garments can decrease and possibly negate the flame resistance characteristics.
MACHINE WASH WARM (60°C or 140°F) WITH LIKE COLORS.
SOFT POWDER OR LIQUID DETERGENT ONLY.
DO NOT USE STARCH OR LYE BASED SOAPS.
DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BLEACH.
INDUSTRIAL OR HOME LAUNDERING OK.
TUMBLE DRY LOW, REMOVE PROMPTLY.
USE LOW IRON, DO NOT STEAM.
DRY CLEAN SAFE.
To maintain the protective qualities of Benchmark FR clothing, please follow our simple laundering instructions.
Use soft powder or liquid detergent only. Do not use soap or lye based products (store bought detergent is not typically soap or lye based). Tumble dry low, remove promptly and avoid overdrying. Iron with low heat. Avoid open steam. Garments are dry cleanable and safe for industrial laundering. For optimum performance, wash your Benchmark FR garments at least once every six months regardless of use.
Once a garment has been soiled or contaminated with flammable material, discard and replace immediately. Find complete care instructions inside every Benchmark FR garment.
You might also be interested in:
- Instructions on how to fit for Benchmark FR clothing
- CoTradeCo resource category: Fire and flame resistant/retardant resources
- Glossary of critical terms, abbreviations, ratings & regulations
- Ratings, types, classes, regulations, and standards overview
- Case Accessories & Inserts
- Custom Cases
- Dividers & Lid Organizers
- FR Clothing & Products
- First Aid & Medical
- Lights and Electronics
- Protective Apparel & Workplace Safety
- RSI, Narcotic & Specialty Kits
- Spill Containment, Cleanup and Stormwater Management
- Sun & Skin Protection
- Traffic Cones, Vertical Panels/directional Barricades