Emergency preparation kit checklist
- Extra water (2 – 4 qts. per person per day)
- Food (energy food bars and dehydrated food)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- First aid kit (first aid books, insect repellent)
- Spare batteries and bulbs (for flashlights, headlamps and radios)
- Butane or propane stoves for outdoor cooking
- Cook set & Utensils
- Extra clothes per person (shirt, jacket, pants, socks, hat, shoes)
- Water purification (chemical or filter)
- Extra cash, important papers in a waterproof pouch
- Medicines (prescriptions, pain relievers, sunscreen, extra glasses)
- Waterproof matches/ lighter (zip lock baggies)
- A game, cards, reading material
- Battery operated portable radio
- Sewing kit & Duct Tape
- Adjustable wrench (for turning off water and gas)
- Candle lantern and candles
- Whistle to signal for help
- Emergency phone numbers
- Sleeping bags and pads/ space blankets
- Shelter (tent or tarp)
- Paper & pencil
- Garbage bag
Store everything in a large duffle bag, backpack, case, or container.
Everyone in your household should know where it is keptâ€”Remember to keep it in a handy place.
Use this preparedeness checklist to take inventory of the emergency supplies stored in your home or office. You can purchase many of these items in the CoTradeCo store. Whether you build or buy your kit with CoTradeCo or not, please have a kit ready. The safety of you and your family is the most important thing.
For more information about Emergency and Disaster Preparedness we recommend visiting READY.gov. Ready Campaign at Ready.gov is a website from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Citizens Corps. Also check out this handy guide from Stay Safe.