ANSI Class II
The American National Standard Institute (ANSI) approved the American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel (ANSI/ISEA 107) in June 1999, in an effort to provide consistent, authoritative guidelines for the selection and use of high-visibility apparel in the United States.
These garments are for workers who have ample separation from vehicular traffic not exceeding 25 mph. Class I garments are typically safety vests and are recommended for parking lot attendants, workers in warehouses with equipment traffic, individuals fetching shopping carts in parking lots, sidewalk maintenance workers, roadside â€œright of wayâ€ workers, and delivery vehicle drivers.
Class II Garments should be used where greater visibility is required such as in poor weather conditions and where activities occur near roadways where traffic speeds exceed 25 mph. This class of garment is suitable for forestry operations, railway workers, school crossing guards, parking and toll gate personnel, ship cargo loading, surveyors and crews, airport ground crews and law enforcement personnel directing traffic.
Class III garments provide the highest level of visibility to all workers in high-risk environments that involve extreme task loads, a wide range of weather conditions and traffic exceeding 50 mph. These garments provide coverage to the arms and/or legs as well as the torso include pants, jackets, coveralls or rain wear. Class III apparel is suggested for all roadway construction personnel and vehicle operators, utility workers, survey crews, emergency responders, railway workers and accident site investigators.
Free shipping on most ANSI Class II orders over $100
Applies to domestic shipping via ground. Not available for oversize & custom.
Can't find it? Got questions about ANSI Class II?
Trader Dan loves to help. Contact us.
Resources related to the products you are currently viewing.
Information and articles you might find useful related to this page.
- CoTradeCo® Company Information
- CoTradeCo® and YOU
- FAQs, glossary, and primers
- ANSI-ISEA 107-1999: Primer on high visibility standards
- ATEX certification coding explained
- Construction Compliance Basics
- GLOSSARY of critical industrial safety terms, abbreviations, ratings & regulations
- Hazard / Risk Category 2 (HRC 2) MISCONCEPTIONS
- Jackson Safety Products FAQ
- NFPA 70E HRC Hazard Risk Category Levels explained
- NFPA 70E: Primer discussing electrical fire safety
- NOTRAX product terms and glossary (PDF)
- OVERVIEW: Ratings, types, classes, regulations, and standards
- Otterbox Products General FAQ
- SKB Product Dimensions: Measuring
- UCO Candle Lantern FAQs
- Safety tips, tricks, best practices
- Kimberly-Clark Professional
Find more information in our resources section.