Rapid Rise Model Containment Berms
in UltraTech Spill Containment
Sidewalls remain down during normal operations, loading and unloading. Vehicles and equipment can drive in and out with no set-up or take-down required. In the case of a spill, the foam ring around the top perimeter of the Containment Berm rises with the level of spilled liquids.
- Helps meet EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175 and SPCC requirements.
- Custom sizes available.
- Material of Construction: Copolymer 2000, an ethylene copolymer, is standard. Copolymer 3000, XR5, polyurethane and other materials are also available on a custom basis.
Please note that because the sidewalls of this model lay inward (toward the center of the Berm), usable space is 15 inches less than what is shown in the product description (e.g. Usable space for a 10′ × 10′ Berm is approximately 8’9" x 8’9")
Prices are FOB, South Carolina, 29860-customer pays freight
ULTRA-CONTAINMENT BERM, RAPID RISE Models:
Part Number Description* Weight Containment Capacity
- 8430 4′ × 6′ × 1′ (1.2 m x 1.8 m x .3 m) 29 lbs. (13 kg) 179 gallons (678 L)
- 8431 6′ × 6′ × 1′ (1.8 m x 1.8 m x .3 m) 35 lbs. (16 kg) 269 gallons (1,018 L)
- 8432 10′ × 10′ × 1′ (3 m x 3 m x .3 m) 63 lbs. (29 kg) 748 gallons (2,831 L)
- 8437 12′ × 26′ × 1′ (3.7 m x 7.9 m x .3 m) 149 lbs. (67.5 kg) 2,333 gallons (8,831 L)
- 8433 15′ × 50′ × 1′(4.6 m x 15.2 m x .3 m) 278 lbs. (126.5 kg) 5,610 gallons (21,234 L)
- 8434 15′ × 66′ × 1′(4.6 m x 20.1 m x .3 m) 357 lbs. (162 kg) 7,405 gallons (28,028 L)
SpecsXR-5, Urethane, and Copolymer 2000:
Chemical Compatibility Guide* For Ultra-Containment Berms
According to EPA guidelines, spills must be cleaned up within 24 hours and any secondary containment areas must be inspected once a week. The chart below lists chemical compatibility of XR5, Urethane and Copolymer 2000. The information has been developed from industry available data and offers compatibility based on exposure of one week or less.
The rating system is indicated as:“A” Fluid has little or no effect at Room Temperature “B” Fluid has minor to moderate effect at Room Temperature “C” Fluid has severe effect at Room Temperature
Chemical XR-5 Urethane Copolymer 2000
Kerosene A A A
Diesel Fuel A A A
Ohio Crude Oil A A A
Hydraulic Fluid- Petroleum Based A A A
Naptha A A A
Conc. Ammonia Hydroxide A C A
50% Acetic Acid C C C
50% Phosphoric Acid A C A
50% Hydrochloric Acid A C A
50% Nitric C C C
50% Sulfuric Acid A C A
60% Sodium Hydroxide A C A
Methyl Alcohol A A A
JP-4 Jet Fuel A A A
Salt Water 180Â°F A B A
Phtlalate Plasticizers B A B
SAE-30 Oil A A A
Raw Linseed Oil A A A
The above ratings were arrived at by visual and physical examination of the membrane samples after their removal from the test chemical. When considering XR-5, Urethane, and Copolymer 2000 for specific applications, it is important to study the requirements such as permeability, service temperature, concentration, size to be contained, etc. Samples of XR-5, Urethane, or Copolymer 2000â„¢ should be tested close to actual service conditions and also your distributor should be consulted.
*IMPORTANT USER NOTICE FOR
XR-5, URETHANE & COPOLYMER 2000 CHEMICAL COMPATIBILITY GUIDE
This listing is offered only as a guide and utilizes information which, to the best of UltraTechs knowledge, is accurate and reliable. Due to variables and conditions of application beyond the control of UltraTech, none of the data shown in this guide is to be construed as a guarantee, expressed or implied. UltraTech International, Inc. assumes no responsibility, obligation or liability in conjunction with the use or misuse of the information herein.